The Manpower Committee of the House of Representatives, headed by Representative Adel Abdel-Fadil Ayyad, has decided the final approval of a draft law submitted by the government deciding an exceptional cost-of-living allowance for employees addressed by the Civil Service Law and workers not addressed by it, and by deciding an exceptional grant for workers in public sector companies and the public business sector, and granting owners of Pensions or those entitled to an exceptional grant.
The law on the high cost premium states these points:
1. Employees who are addressed by the provisions of the Civil Service Law promulgated by Law No. 81 of 2016, and those who are not addressed by it are granted an exceptional cost of living allowance of 300 pounds/month.
2. This allowance is granted to each of the employees or workers after the date of the commencement of this law, and this allowance is considered part of the complementary wages or the variable wages for each of them, as the case may be.
3. This law benefits both permanent and temporary employees and workers with comprehensive remunerations, and those with public positions and a fixed link within the Arab Republic of Egypt whose financial appropriations are included in the budget and whose employment affairs are regulated by special laws or regulations, as well as employees of public service bodies and public economic bodies.
4. Granting employees of public sector companies and public business sector companies an exceptional grant that is paid out monthly from their own budgets, amounting to 300 pounds, and this grant does not include the basic wage.
5. In the event that the total of what the worker receives in the companies referred to in the first paragraph of this article of the basic wage, bonuses, allowances of all kinds, occasions and other fixed and semi-fixed items in the worker’s comprehensive wage, whatever its name, is less than 3000 pounds per month after applying the exceptional grant stipulated in the first paragraph From this article, the worker’s income is increased monthly, equal to the difference between the total amount he receives and the amount of 3000 pounds.
6. The law grants the pensioners or their beneficiaries on the date of work an exceptional grant of 300 pounds per month.
7. The state’s public treasury is obligated to bear the cost of implementing the provisions of the first paragraph of this article, and it includes the annual premium stipulated in Article 111 of the Social Insurance and Pensions Law promulgated by Law No. 148 of 2019, in light of the provision of Article 112 thereof.