There are hundreds of millions of active TikTok users under the age of 18, which has raised privacy concerns for minors, even though the app is targeting the “full TikTok experience” for users 13 and older, according to its Security Center. You need to know about age restrictions on Tiktok, and whether you can change your age if you entered it incorrectly.
Can you change your age on TikTok?
TikTok tightened its privacy settings in 2021 by making all accounts under 16 private, removing the ability to change your birthday within the app once you’ve specified your age, and now, to change your birthday on TikTok, if it’s inaccurate, you’ll need to contact Customer support team in the application.
How to change your age on TikTok
If your age was entered incorrectly in the TikTok app and you wish to correct it without creating a new account, you can email TikTok at [email protected] to request a change or contact the platform customer support team through the app support department:
1. Open the TikTok app for iPhone or Android.
2. Tap on Profile in the bottom right of the home screen.
3. Click on the three lines in the upper-right corner.
4. This will take you to the Settings and Privacy page, scroll down until you see the Support section and under that, tap on Report a problem.
5. Select the account and profile.
6. Click on Edit Profile.
7. Select Other.
8. Next, tap Need more help? Selection.
9. This will take you to the feedback form where you can enter a text request to change an inaccurate birth date on your account.
A TikTok customer support representative will send an email to you at the address associated with your account, and in this correspondence, you will likely need to provide some form of government-issued identification to confirm your identity and date of birth in order to make the change.