Apple recently rolled out the much awaited iPadOS 16 update, the latest version of the operating system brings many useful features, and one of these features is the ability to unsend and edit messages.
With the iPadOS 16 update, you can unsend and edit messages in the Messages app. With this feature, you can easily fix a misspelling or undo a message you accidentally sent to the wrong person. The recipient sees that you unsend a message and your editing history.
It’s important to note that you can unsend a recently sent message for up to two minutes after you’ve sent it, and here’s how you can unsend a message:
1. Touch and hold the message bubble, then tap Undo Send.
2. A note confirming that you did not send the message appears in both conversation texts: your texts and the recipient’s text.
How to edit a sent message
You can also edit a sent message With iPadOS 16, you can edit a recently sent message up to five times within 15 minutes of sending it.
1. Follow the steps listed below to edit the sent message.
2. In Messages, select a conversation with the message you want to edit.
3. Touch and hold the message bubble, tap Edit, make any changes, and tap the Accept Changes button to resend with edits or the Cancel button to go back.