The articles of the current traffic law have set a set of provisions to prevent traffic accidents from occurring, and to prevent driving at insane speeds for the driver of the vehicle. Traffic rules and specific speeds have been set for them while on the roads, including:
40 kilometers per hour for tractors, trailers and semi-trailers.
60 kilometers per hour for other types of vehicles.
Within residential, industrial and touristic compounds:
40 km for all types of vehicles.
– Highways or main roads that connect the governorates, which belong to the localities or the General Authority for Roads and Bridges:
– 60 kilometers per hour for towing vehicles, trailers and cars of the semi-trailer type.
– 70 kilometers per hour for transport vehicles.
– 80 kilometers per hour for passenger cars.
– 90 kilometers per hour for other types of cars.
It is “Cairo / Alexandria – Cairo / Ismailia / Port Said – Cairo / Suez – Cairo / Belbeis – Alexandria / Matrouh / Salloum – Cairo / Fayoum – Wadi El Natrun / El Alamein”.
– 70 kilometers per hour for trailers and semi-trailer cars.
– 80 kilometers per hour for transport vehicles.
– 90 kilometers per hour for passenger cars.
– 100 kilometers per hour for other types of cars.
The law approved a set of standards for speeds in its articles, including:
The driver of the vehicle must not exceed the speed within which he remains in control of the vehicle, and he must adhere to his speed as required by the traffic situation on the road, the possibility of seeing it, the existing weather conditions, and what is required by his condition and personal ability, and the condition of each of the vehicle, the load, the road and all the surrounding conditions, and his speed must be in accordance with He does not exceed the amount that enables him to stop the vehicle within the limits of the visible part of the road. As for the roads that are narrow so that the opposite traffic may be exposed to danger as a result of speed, he must slow down so that he can stop within half of the visible part of the road, and even if the vision is not completely clear. Stop and not walk
Vehicles may not, without justification, slow down in a way that impedes the flow of traffic.